Hi bloggers and non bloggers
It has been such a positive day in my life outside of blogging with all the workshops and groups I have coming up. Then I come home to access my inside blogging world. and have a have been voted a Liebster award by two fellow bloggers on different days. YAY!
MY 11 QUESTIONS FROM THE AWESOME CHEYENNE.
What did you want to be when you grew up (at 5 years old)?
Hahaha. Oh god. I think I came out with something mind blowing. I wanted to become a advocate or a lawyer. I was sick of all the people around me fighting and arguing and not hugging it all out instead. Give peas a chance said some one. I am such a Geek!
If you could give a million dollars to charity, which charity/charities would you choose?
Eating disorder research charities , Alzeihmers research charities and alternative treatment for mental health.
What’s your favorite seasonal food? You know, pumpkin, peppermint, etc
I currently live in England so I have to say pumpkin for obvious reasons. I love mussels -have to be warmed up. I also love wild mushrooms in an omelette or if you are being super healthy like moi. ( I am getting married in June) use two massive breakfast mushrooms as the bun for a quorn burger. So yummy. I love apples too. I love all fruit actually. Never loved fruit more, now that I’m getting married in June. You are going to hear that about the wedding a lot. That reminds me of an update on the cake situation . I like cake! Cake is good in Autumn . 🙂
Who was your celebrity crush when you were in high school?
I didn’t really have anyone. I grew up in Africa and we lived outside a lot. Similar to monkeys haha. I fell in love with Skins music from ‘Skunk Anansie’ and I fell in love with ‘Nine inch nails’. I had crushes on people I knew. In fact the only celebrity crush I have ever had was when I was about 8/9 years old. NKOTB. If you don’t know them . All the better for you. Hahaha.
What are five things you KICK ASS at?
I have been complimented on my writing. I am rather good at challenges people set for me and those I set for myself. I’m good at speaking the truth . Like an arrow to your heart sometimes. I’m good at feeling the fear and doing it anyway. I am shit hot Mom 😀 That was a pretty tough question for me.
Easy peasy. ‘Broken dolls’ by Jefferson Winter and I am currently dipping into ‘the book thief’ by Marcus zusak at the moment along with a bunch of non fiction books related to organising workshops. Swotting up on mental health . that kind of thing. There is also my life but that is what my blog is for. hahaha
What’s something that really gets you fired up?
I hate girly gossip. I’m the kind of person who will say whatever I say to another person behind your back straight in front of your face. I had dishonesty. I hate injustice and I hate ignorance.
Are you a collector? What do you collect?
I collect a charm from each person I murder…. mwaahaha . erm. no I am not a collector. Hang on a sec, I collect pictures. I love pictures of my family and friends. I’ m not one of these totally I’m so cool and I can use one pic to sum up how awesome their life is. I need to share. I was brought up to share as many experiences as possible.
Your middle name — embarrassing or AWESOME?
Honestly? a bit boring. Sorry Mom but I have my Mom’s name Sonia. I think it is okay but why couldn’t I have been middle named Zion or sheera or something with an edge to it.
What’s your most embarrassing email/AIM username? Do kids still use AIM? Or even know what it is? Probably not. I haven’t used it in about 8 years.
Never used it but I can use this question to embarrass my lovely husband to be. Okay . his name he uses for his email is ‘GazHimself’ – he doesn’t even get how arrogant this comes across as. haahha.
What song have you had on repeat lately?
Oh this is an easy one – I’m thinking of this song for our first and probably only dance ever. it was my Granddads favourite song
time to nominate my 11 awesome new blogger friends. It’s a tough one because you all have such amazing blogs but I have to be ruthless so – I NOMINATE
everyday should be a writing day , Laura keep up with your posts. You have started now so got to keep going.
I too want you to set the world on fire and make me think. loving your story about you Granny. I think you need update your about you page 🙂 only a small suggestion
I don’t know if u https://charsgirl.wordpress.com/about/ may or may have not been voted for this yet.. I haven’t done day nine yet. Yours is terribly intersting
let them eat bread/ ‘let them eat bread’ Marie Antoinette.
The go to blog for book reviews https://twin45.wordpress.com/about/
Everone needs a http://girlonthecontrary.com/author/girlonthecontrary/
I’ve been kind of busy lately but this only took me about 3 hours to do. So Thanks for the nomination again THANK YOU CHEYENNE . It was fun to do.
Here are my answers to JESSICA AND HER MODEST BITES
- What were your goals when you decided to start your blog?
- I guess I wanted to have a public place to share my thoughts- my past, present and future. I want to tell people not to be ashamed of what has happened in their lives. I felt ashamed and hid myself in my illnesses and self loathing for a very long time. The time has come to stop all that and just tell it like it is. The good, the bad and the ugly.
- What is your favorite book?
- This is a hard one- okay ‘the complete works of Lewis Carroll’ What a vivid imagination for a mathematician from Cambridge..
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- SUMMER TIME, BABY. I live in ‘a lacking of Vitamin D’ country of England.
- Who has impacted you the most in your life? (your mother, a sibling, a dear friend, a celebrity)
- I would have to my daughter. She seems to be the only one to have got through to me and helped me want to make massive changes to my life.
- Mac or PC?
- Laptop. So PC.
- Here is a corny one for you: If you were trapped on a deserted island, what would you bring with you?
- Water, diving gear, my family for conversation.
- Were you involved in any extracurricular activities in school? If so, what were they?
- Ha. I was to busy raving at underground rave parties and experimenting with drugs. I was an ‘enfant terrible’
- What is your profession?
- Senior trainer consultant( past) Writer , mom and volunteer for various mental health Charity groups (I am hoping this will lead to a paid job in this field)
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- TGI’s I love their cocktails and food of course. Hahah
- Do you have a favorite cooking show? If so, what is it?
- I am partial to watching ‘Come dine with me’ on occasion but I it’s not for the food that I watch it. It is more for the characters that come onto the show and how they converse
- Last question, what is your guilty pleasure food?
- Sushi. I can eat a whole country’s worth. I know it is healthy but I know once I start eating it I can’t stop snd that is so unhealthy.
- 11 questions anybody above ?
- What is your guilty food pleasure?
- what was your favourite child hood game (doesn’t have to be a board game)
- If you could rename yourself what would you call yourself and why?
- What was the last lie you told?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What historic event would you like to have been present at?
- How would you start a conversation with a stranger?
- What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
- what quality/qualities make a friend a keeper?
- Is there a word that you love using all the time or/and a word you hate hearing or using?
- If money was no option what would you do for your next birthday ?